This is a departmental leadership role tasked with providing strategic marketing direction and guidance for the entire Company, overseeing all activities related to the production of proposals, and ensuring the effectiveness of marketing and business development activities. The Marketing Director is expected to be directly or indirectly responsible for a significant increase in business volume that will enable the continued growth of the Company. This position serves on the Management Team.
· Provide full project life cycle administration.
· Coordinate as necessary with Marketing to ensure project proposals are accurate and thorough.
· Assist team leaders and project managers with initial project planning and scheduling, and build appropriate project tracking mechanisms (calendars, spreadsheets, etc.).
· Ensure attendance at scheduled meetings and take minutes.
· Serve as a communications hub for projects, especially to alleviate e-mail volumes placed on the team leaders and project managers.
· Monitor project budgets and financial performance, and report anomalies along with recommendations for correction.
· Create project presentations and other supporting materials.
· Oversee and/or coordinate physical and electronic file maintenance.
· Take other measures necessary to ensure timely project progress and quality control.
· Assess project, team, and organizational process flows and communications, and recommend positive changes.
· Assist with maintenance and expansion of our training library.
· Coordinate proper orientation of new staff and team members.
· Stay current on applicable regulations and building codes and communicate changes to the staff.
· At least 3 years of successful experience in a project administration or coordination capacity in either an engineering or architectural environment.
· A bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or architecture.
· Project management certification would be strongly preferred.
· Proficiency with the MS Office suite and MS Project or similar software.
· Familiarity with building codes and standards.
· Outstanding communication and people leadership skills.
Note; this is the most junior role in the project management track.