Quality Assurance Engineer
Our International Technology Team is building a team to define, design and develop exciting new products.
This position is for a highly dynamic Quality Assurance Engineer who will help launch new applications in this exciting space
Are you a software or quality engineer passionate about optimizing development and testing lifecycle via tools and process automation?
Qualified candidates will need to programmatically test the product, measure test coverage, develop the best automation, drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best practices in quality areas. The test software you will build should expose API defects in production level code as well as defects at the component and feature integration prospective. You should command the skill to communicate clearly and effectively. Candidates will need to define test plans, test specifications, test suites, test cases as well as design tools for unit, functional and performance testing in a programmatic manner.
· Drive the creation of global test plans and test cases
· Drive quality initiatives and point out areas that require attention
· Work closely with engineers and business owners throughout the development and testing lifecycle, including the requirements gathering and design
· Influence the technical direction and strategy within the team
· Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
· Efficiently execute test cases across all functional and UI areas of our products
· Define test plans, test suites, test cases as well as utilize automated tools to optimize the STLC
· Perform exploratory testing, automate repetitive tasks and work side by side with software development engineers to deliver high quality product to the Audible customers
· Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field.
· At least 3 years of experience in software quality and/or testing using automated tools and frameworks
· Proven knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development cycle
· Scripting in one or more of the following or similar: (Perl/Ruby/Python)
· Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements
· Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
· Enthusiasm for software testing and quality
· Demonstrated ability to mentor other quality assurance engineers to maintain software quality
· Results oriented and with a strong customer focus
· Analytical, troubleshooting/problem solving skills
· Experience in test automation for mobile and web applications and devices
· Experience with test and behavior driven development
· Good understanding of Continuous Integration and Deployment processes
· Experience with but not limited to JUnit/TestNG, Selenium