Sr. Project Manager
This management role directs one or more projects at a time throughout their various phases and is responsible for their successful completion. The Senior Project Manager will draw on other members of the organization as needed to ensure efficient, profitable, timely, and technically excellent project execution. Additionally, as the primary contact with the client, the Senior Project Manager will serve as an account executive, enhancing client confidence and respect, and furthering relationships for the goal of repeat work or referrals for our company.
- Ensure the concurrent financial and logistical management for multiple projects, through all design and construction phases.
- Apply knowledge of accepted design/drafting methods and concepts, and be familiar with engineering and design principles, terminology, and construction materials.
- Coordinate design criteria with architects, other engineering disciplines, and planning groups in accordance with contractual specifications.
- Work with all involved disciplines; prepare estimated manpower requirements, schedules, and other pertinent data; prepare fee proposals; and conduct fee and contractual agreement negotiations.
- Direct the work of designers and engineers, including: managing and distributing workload for project team; forecasting workload and billing; defining team roles on a given project; and coordinating with other teams and staff for workload.
- Lead or participate in project coordination meetings with clients and internal project teams. Initiate meetings when appropriate. Plan, schedule and/or coordinate detailed phases of assigned project work. Deliver presentation of project status, when appropriate.
- Ensure that code checks, zoning status, and all other applicable laws and regulations are met.
- Responsible for efficiency, productivity, and quality control.
- Responsible for budget management and review of billings and receivables, through the utilization of project management accounting software.
- Serve as an accessible senior point of contact for clients, and provide responsive and timely answers and solutions to client concerns.
- Directly responsible for the completion of the billing process, collection of client billings and other operational and financial matters. Hold clients accountable for meeting the terms of their contracts.
- Responsible for development of new business on behalf of the firm. Develop new clients through targeted outreach and follow-up efforts, including telephone calls, networking events, office visits, and business meetings. Build relationships with new clients, and maintain profitable relationships with existing clients.
- Participate in making client contacts, preparing proposals, participating in proposal interviews and presentations, client maintenance, and follow-up after project completion.
- Strengthen level of service to clients through management, serving as the main client contact, ensuring timely communication and correspondence with the client, and seeking repeat client work.
- Meet regularly with existing clients to discuss current projects, evaluate firm performance, and identify other business opportunities with them or through referrals.
- Participate in Corporate public relations efforts by preparing project summaries or technical articles for public release and participating in community activities.
- Represent the firm in a professional manner, enhancing client confidence and respect, and furthering relationships for the goal of repeat work or referrals. Clients should think of you highly enough to request you, specifically, for future work.
- Participates in civic, community and/or professional organizations
- Implement training and professional development methods and procedures for the improvement and advancement of project personnel.
- Counsel subordinates concerning their work.
- Appraise performance of subordinates as required.
- Ensure that the work of your team is completed on time and within budget.
- Secure areas of new work with new and existing clients. Seek out information on clients’ future project needs, and invite feedback on clients’ perception of your work. Be deliberate with your outreach and efforts to build relationships.
- Proactively pursue continued education, training, certifications, and opportunities to network within our industry. Stay updated on code changes, industry trends, and technical tools that can be utilized in your work.
Education and Experience
- Technical/Professional expertise with 8 or more years of engineering management experience. At least 4 of those years must have been in a mechanical or electrical engineering consulting environment.
- Demonstration of effective verbal and written organizational and communication skills.
- Familiar with current codes and engineering standards.
- Strong account management experience with demonstrated long-term B2B relationships.
- Skilled in the concurrent administration, management, and review of mechanical or electrical system concepts, plans and specifications, of varying complexity, through all design and construction phases.