Principal Technical Program Manager
We're seeking a Principal Technical Program Manager to lead high-impact, cross-functional, customer-facing projects. This role requires working closely with product management to define strategy and requirements, collecting business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, and leading development teams from design through delivery and subsequent operation. You will be expected to make appropriate trade-offs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional project teams. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks, and product strategy. Excellent listening, writing skills, and very strong technical competency are essential.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects through multiple complete product development cycles, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in, and get the job done. You will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop detailed functional and test specifications, schedule, and deploy new feature sets in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high product judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline
· 7+ years of technical program management experience in a related industry
· Product development experience, including C++, Java, XML, messaging protocols, and/or web services
· Experience managing efforts in distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
· Experience building processes, project management, and release schedules
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
· Experience with agile or other related methodologies
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
· Prior experience as a software developer
· Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline